Mediterranean Spiced Sweet Potato Fries
Yield 4 servings
Mediterranean spiced sweet potato fries. Simple healthy fries tossed in olive oil, garlic, paprika and a za'atar spice blend and roasted in the oven. Vegan, gluten free and super tasty!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into thick batons
- 2 tbsp za'atar spice blend
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and roughly chop them into similar sized batons - about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- In a large bowl add the za'atar, paprika, garlic powder, salt and olive oil.
- Add the fries into the bowl and coat thoroughly using the hands.
- Spread the fries onto a large baking tray, spreading them evenly without touching each other.
- Put the fries in the oven for 40-45 minutes, turning over halfway through, until well cooked and browning at the edges.
Courses Side Dish
Recipe by Olive Tree Kitchen at https://olivetreekitchen.com/mediterranean-spiced-sweet-potato-fries/