Yield 500 mls
A simple basil vinaigrette dressing that is wonderful on everything from salads to chicken, fish, beans and even boiled potatoes!
- 125g (2 cups, tightly packed) Basil Leaves
- 180ml (3/4 cup) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 80ml (1/3 cup) White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Place the basil leaves, white wine vinegar, garlic, mustard and sugar in a blender or food processor.
- Blend the ingredients until combined and the basil leaves are pureed.
- While the blender is running, slowly drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil and continue blending until the oil and vinegar form an emulsion.
- Add the sea salt and mix.
This dressing will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if kept in an airtight screw-top jar.
Recipe by Olive Tree Kitchen at https://olivetreekitchen.com/basil-vinaigrette/