Tuna, Chickpea and Tomato Salad
A Tuna, Chickpea and Tomato Salad: both healthy and hearty, with juicy tomatoes and protein-packed chickpeas. A perfect quick lunch!
- 400g (1.5 cups) tin chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 180g (3/4 cup) tin tuna, drained and broken into chunks
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the chickpeas, tuna, tomatoes, and red onion in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, add the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, sea salt and pepper. Whisk well to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.
This salad will serve two as a main meal, or four if serving as a side dish.
Recipe by Olive Tree Kitchen at http://olivetreekitchen.com/tuna-chickpea-tomato-salad/