Mediterranean Tuna and Roast Pepper Fusilli
Yield 6 people
Mediterranean Tuna and Roast Pepper Fusilli recipe. Full of caramelized roasted vegetables and creamy feta cheese creating a healthy, filling main dish.
- 500g Fusilli Pasta
- 2 Small Cans of Tuna
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, De-seeded and Sliced
- 2 Yellow Bell Peppers, De-seeded and Sliced
- 1 Courgette (Zucchini), Sliced
- 2 Red Onions, Roughly Chopped
- 200g Feta Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of Dried Mixed Herbs or Italian Style Herb Mix
- 2 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Teaspoon of Sea Salt
For The Vegetables:
- Turn on the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas 6.
- Chop and slice all the vegetables and place in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil, the mixed herbs and the sea salt to the vegetables. Mix well.
- Place the vegetables in a roasting dish and spread them out evenly. Do not overlap them too much.
- Roast for 4o minutes or so, mixing the vegetables once or twice during cooking. The vegetables should be caramelized and darkened at the edges.
For The Pasta:
- While the vegetables are cooking, boil a large pan of salted water.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the instructions on the packet (usually 10-12 minutes).
- Drain the pasta in a colander and return to the pan.
- Stir all the roasted vegetables and tuna into the cooked pasta.
- Crumble the feta cheese into the pasta and vegetables and stir well.
- Serve immediately.
Courses Main Dish
Recipe by Olive Tree Kitchen at http://olivetreekitchen.com/mediterranean-tuna-and-roast-pepper-fusilli/