Chicken and Mushroom Gnocchi Bake
Yield 6 servings
Chicken and Mushroom Gnocchi Bake - soft potato gnocchi baked in a creamy sauce with chicken and mushrooms. An easy weeknight dinner that will feed a crowd!
- 800g fresh potato gnocchi
- 600g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 500ml single cream
- 200ml whole milk
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 100g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- pinch of salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 40g butter
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the garlic and onions. Cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the olive oil to the pan along with the mushrooms. Increase the heat and cook for 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the chicken, cream and milk as well as the nutmeg, salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the gnocchi according to the packet instructions (usually 1-2 minutes). Drain in a colander.
- Add the drained gnocchi to the sauce and stir in the parsley and half of the cheese.
- Transfer to a casserole dish, sprinkle with the remaining cheese and place in the oven for around 30 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown on top.
Courses Main Dish
Recipe by Olive Tree Kitchen at http://olivetreekitchen.com/chicken-and-mushroom-gnocchi-bake/